There’s a Walmart PS5 and Xbox Series X restock today at 12pm EDT / 9am PDT, and if you follow PS5 and Xbox restock tracker Matt Swider, he will notify you as soon as the consoles are in stock in the US – if you follow his Twitter account and turn on notifications. Today, September 23, Walmart PS5 and Xbox restocks will take place online exclusively, while Best Buy PS5 and Xbox restocks took place this morning in person at select local stores across the United States. Walmart will also be doing something else: selling the hard-to-buy Halo Infinite-themed Xbox Series X, which is a limited edition.
Here’s how to get the PS5 and Xbox Series X alerts today:
► When is the next resupply? Follow our PS5 and Xbox restock Twitter tracker Matt Swider and enable notifications for instant restock news. It’s the fastest way to get stock updates for PS5 and Xbox.
► Never buy from other Twitter users – ever. They are all scams. Only buy from the US stores that Matt warns you about. No one will sell a PS5 or Xbox for just $550.
► Need help? Tune in to our Walmart PS5 and Xbox Series X complement livestream video to get live coaching next time so you know how to secure your favorite console.
What to do today: Click this screenshot of this example of a Walmart PS5 replenishment alert from Matt Swider and enable notifications (that little bell icon) for instant alerts. You’ll see this when the PS5 is in stock.
Walmart PS5 and Xbox Restocking Today
- PS5 and Xbox Series X Date & Time: September 23 at 12pm EDT / 9am PDT
- There is no second restock scheduled for tonight
- The Walmart Restock is Online Only
Our Walmart PS5 Buying Guide remains unchanged
Update: Though times have changed, our Walmart guide remains the same. Here’s what you need to do to get the PS5 and Xbox Series X in your cart.
Walmart is the most popular retailer in the US, so consoles sell out quickly when the PS5 is in stock. This is a case where the mobile app is the hero and the website is the sidekick. We explain how and why you should use both during a PS5 drop at Walmart.
- Head over to the Walmart link we’re tweeting from our tracker – at exactly 12pm EDT restock (and again at 9pm EDT in case you fail to get your hands on a PS5 or Xbox during the first hour-long restock).
- Open it in both the Walmart app (on your phone) and a browser (preferably a computer).
- Use the browser to determine if PS5/Xbox is in stock at Walmart (it will go in and out of stock in waves (sometimes the computer is better than the app, but rarely).
- Use the mobile app to tap checkout. It will give you an error if it can’t be added to your cart. Close that dialog and tap again (the app is usual better because you don’t need to renew).
- Key tip: Align the “Decline” button of the “Sorry” dialog box with the “add to cart” button by scrolling down. This will allow you to unceasingly tap both “decline” and “add to cart” and save you so much time.
- Keep an eye on the website to see when resupply times are posted (the computer browser comes in handy here). It usually happens in 10-minute increments, but even if Walmart claims another restocking time at 12:10, sometimes they don’t stick to it, so don’t stop tapping the app.